Monday, March 2, 2015

Squared Ruffian

Ruffian manicures are fun, but squared ruffian manicures are even better!!

I'm always on the lookout for new ways to do different designs and recently I saw a post from The Nailasaurus and her nails were a gorgeous squared off ruffian design and I absolutely fell in love! I knew I needed to try my hand at it and I have to be honest, it's amazing! So many different color combinations are running through my head now and I can't wait to use this technique again! Keep reading to see what I came up with.

I started off with a base of Essie Bikini So Teeny. When it was dry I used a small nail art brush to map out the square with Color Club Miss Bliss and then filled in the inside of the square, you can also just use the brush that is with the nail polish to fill in the square, it's much faster LOL!  I then took the same small nail art brush to create the outline of the square with Essie Trophy Wife. I finished this design off with a layer of Seche Vite to seal everything in.




I am really so happy with the way these came out. It's such a fun and geometrical design and I love the way the straight lines contract with the small curve of my free edge. What do you guys think of this look? Do you have any color combinations you would like to see?

Thanks loves :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment