Wednesday, October 1, 2014

31DC2014 Day 31: Honor Nails You Love

I had big dreams starting this challenge, dreams of finishing this challenge on time and with designs that I'm really proud of. I wasn't sure that it would be realistic, this month has been so incredibly busy for me, working two jobs, opening up my indie polish store, and doing this challenge. But some way or another I finally made it and I can honestly say that I'm so proud of my designs! And I'm so happy that you all stuck it out with me and I hope that you liked what I came up with! It's been a trip, a long one at that, but it's been so fun, it's challenged my nail art skills and it's made me a better artist!

Aww mushy stuffs X)

Anyways let's get on to why you guys are really here... NAILS! The last prompt of the 31 Day Challenge 2014 is Honor Nails You Love. I knew exactly what I was going to do before I even started this challenge. Sarah from Chalkboard Nails has always been an inspiration to me. Her blog is actually the very first nail art blog I ever found and she is the reason that I decided to start blogging. Everything that she does is flawless, and I'm not just saying that, go check her out and you'll see what I mean! And not only is she a talented artist, she's also one of the nicest people I have ever "met" (hypothetically speaking anyways ;)) I've got to say she actually followed me the other day on Instagram and I did the biggest happy dance ever! Among many of the awesome designs she does, she did a distressed nail art look (with tutorial) that I've been drooling over forever! So I decided to recreate it, with a few different colors, for this prompt! 

I started off with a base of Essie Blanc. When it was dry I followed her tutorial to create the distressed look with Lime Crime Lavendairy, China Glaze Too Yacht To Handle, OPI Push & Pur-Pull, and Wet n Wild Black Creme. I sealed everything in with some Essie Good To Go and that was it!








I'm so happy I chose this design to recreate because I am in love! It just looks so fun and punk-ish.... I almost even feel like a bad-ass.... almost ;) 

But for real guys I recommend you checking out Sarah over at Chalkboard Nails if you haven't yet, you won't be disappointed!!

It's your turn now! Post a link to your 31DC2014 day 31 nails in the comments so I can check them out!

Thanks loves :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment