Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Inspiration Nation: Work / Play / Polish

I'm sure the wonderful Work / Play / Polish needs absolutely no introduction to the nail community. Leslie is so wonderful and incredibly talented I'm surprised I haven't done an inspiration nation post inspired by her yet. 

Well no more! 

A while back leslie posted THESE nails using OPI's Minnie Mouse collection. I fell in love with her textured rose nail and knew I needed to try it out. I'm not so sure if it works for an entire nail design though... but hey I had to give it a shot ;) 

I started off with a base of Wet n Wild Black Creme and topped it with some Poshe so that it was super shiny. Then I created the roses using OPI Magazine Cover Mouse and a small nail art brush. No top coat for this one as I wanted to keep the textured look! 






I really love this design, but I think next time I'd use it as an accent like Leslie did. I'm glad this textured trend is still going strong and I'm hoping it continues that way!

What's your favorite textured polish?

Thanks cupcakes! :) 

13 comments:

  1. I love these! The colors look fab together and your freehand is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Alexandria!!! I love how the textured pink stands out against the shiny black! :)

      Delete
  2. I love it!! As always, great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's super pretty, like a rose spiral :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love when a design actually comes out how i want it to LOL! Thank you so much Maria!!! :)

      Delete
  4. I love how the rose sort of draws you in... Like you haaaave to look at it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessss look into the roseeeeeee ;) LOL! Thank you so much Katie!!! :)

      Delete
  5. I love this style of roses, and they look great with texture :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much lady! The texture just adds that final oomph to it ;) lol!

      Delete
  6. This is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete