Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Mish Mash Challenge: Cold + HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BLOG!!

Hello lovlies!

How's everyone's week going? Mine started out pretty crappy, I was super sick at the start but thankfully I'm feeling better now. Anyways since today's Wednesday it's time for another Mish Mash Challenge! Today's post is kind of a combination post, a challenge day and an inspiration nation day. :)

Also, If you read the title you already know.... It's my blog's birthday!! Woohoo!! One whole year ago I tentatively posted my very first post to empty air. I was afraid of criticism but my love for polish couldn't be stopped! ;) Starting this blog was the very best decision I have ever made and I'm so proud to be a part of this amazing nail community. I can't believe I've made it this far and I can't wait to see how far I can go! 

That being said, I want to thank you guys for making this blog what it is, I am going to be posting a giveaway on here soon to show you guys how much I appreciate you! But, I want to know if any of you bloggers out there want to join up with me to make this a collaborative giveaway!! 
If you want to join in send me an email at kjones622@hotmail.com 

You guys are the best!!! :) 

Anyways, the theme for the challenge is cold. Now when I think cold I always think of rain... yes I know rain isn't always cold BUT it's what comes to my mind so deal with it!! ;) Since I thought of rain my mind immediately went to a tutorial that I've recently seen from the lovely and super talented Lucy of Lucy's Stash! She did a tutorial a short while ago of water drop nails. I fell in love with them as soon as I saw them and I'm so excited I finally got the chance to try them out! 

To start off this design I started with a base of Color Club Over the Moon. I feel like I use Color Club holos in every manicure I do.... that's ok though because they're gorgeous!! Then I used Navy Blue and White acrylic paints and followed Lucy's tutorial to create the water drops. I top coated with Poshe and was all finished! 







I am SUPER proud of how these came out!. Lucy made her tutorial so easy to follow and these nails took me less then and hour and a half! I was amazed LOL! So hopefully rain drops don't count as cheating.

So what do you think guys? Make sure you check out everyone else's cold designs today!
Thanks loves! :) 




41 comments:

  1. Happy blogaversary - yayyy :)
    And darn - your raindrops are so amazing, you are very talented :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you!! :) You are so sweet Maria!! :)

      Delete
  2. Happy Blogiversary! Your nails are stunning!! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blogiversary!
    This mani.. amazing. The drops look REAL. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeep! I'm so glad they came out the way they did! I couldn't wait to post them today LOL! Thank you so much!! :)

      Delete
  4. Happy Blogiversary! This is one amazing mani! It looks like real drops of water! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I see why you are proud of how your mani came out! It's EPIC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww you're the best!! Thanks so much Simona!! :)

      Delete
  6. Wow those drops look FANTASTIC! Super true to life! Well done, girl! And happy bloggiversary! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much lady!! I am definitely super proud!! LOL :)

      Delete
  7. Freakin AWESOME!!! If I didn't know how talented you are, I'd think you had printed polish strips on your nails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you are the best Inky lady!! Thank you so much!! :)

      Delete
  8. Happy Blog Anniversary! :)
    Great manicure here, you did a beautiful gift to your blog! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whaaaat, you hand painted this?! I thought they were transfers or something, you just blew my mind!! AMAZING!!!
    Happy 1st Blogiversary :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeep! You are too sweet! Thank you so much!!! :)

      Delete
  10. Happy blogiversary! The nails look AMAZING, that's crazy good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you're feeling better, Kristine! And congrats on your blogversary!! :D Your water mani is seriously AMAZING... great job! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Yun!! :) I was amazed at how easy it was the create :)

      Delete
  12. Happy versary!!
    I immediately recognized this as a lucys stash inspired mani! You really nailed the technique! I didnt know if it was actually do-able.... or if lucy just has a magic touch! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I'm so glad it was recognizable! Thank you so much!!! :)

      Delete
  13. Love it! And rain totally counts! I saw Lucy's post of these and didn't even think of using it for this challenge, great job! And happy blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This nail art is jawdropping! I've been drooling over Lucy's one and now I'm drooling over yours too!
    That's great!!!

    And...happy blog-o-versary :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness you are too sweet!!! Thank you so much!! :)

      Delete
  15. Holy crap on a cracker girl!!!! These are AMAZING!!!!!! Fantastic job!!!

    And happy Blog Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy birthday!! And you should be proud, these are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Michelle!!! This is definitely one of my top faves! :)

      Delete
  17. This design is absolutely gorgeous!! And Happy birthday to your lovely blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! Thank you so much Roxy!!! :)

      Delete
  18. This is amazing!!! I love Lucy too. She's amazing and you really nailed her design! Happy blogaversary too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't her nail like perfect?! LOL You are so nice thank you so much Kimber!! :)

      Delete
  19. That first photo looked like real water drops - amazing!! I have to check out the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeep! I'm so excited that they came out so realistic! You defintely have to check out the tutorial it's so good! Thanks so much!! :)

      Delete