Thursday, July 18, 2013

Watermelon Ruffians

Hi loves :) 

I think I was in the mood for some fruit when I thought up these nails ;) Whenever I look for fruit nails in the summer time most of the time I see watermelon nails. Good thing too because I love that stuff! lol! Watermelon is definitely one of my top 5 favorite fruits. I didn't want to do a normal watermelon mani though, I see a lot of beautiful ones around where they have watermelon tips. But I wanted to be different this time so I stared at my nails and thought, "hey, my nails actually kind of look like a slice of watermelon!" And so the watermelon ruffian was born! 

To start I painted all of my nails with two coats of Maybelline Color Show Tenacious Teal. Horrible name by the way... this polish is most definitely NOT teal -_- But that's besides the point I suppose. Then I created a ruffian using Maybelline Color Show Pink Boom a pretty light pink. When that was dry (or dry-ish since I don't have patience ;)) I used black acrylic paint and a toothpick to create the three little seeds. Seal it in with some Poshe top coat and you've got some juicy watermelon nails!

Oh! And for the thumb I started with a base of Maybelline Color Show Tenacious Teal and took a bunch of random green polishes and striped the up and down my nail to create a watermelon rind look... I can't remember all of the green polishes I used so I'll do my best to answer any questions if you have them lol!






I think the final look is really cutesy and great for summer time. Not to mention it was super easy to create and doesn't take a long time at all so you can spend more time outside in the sunshine ;)

Anyone have any favorite nail designs for the summertime? 
Thanks so much cupcakes!

7 comments: