Monday, January 14, 2013

Swatched: Zoya Kimber, Zuza, FeiFei

Good morning lovelies!

I'm warning you now that this is a pretty long post so consider yourselves warned! :) 

Most of you probably heard about Zoya's awesome promo that started January 7th. You could pick any three polishes for free and all you have to pay is $10 for shipping. You all know I jumped on that offer right?! LOL One of the best things about Zoya is they ship SO fast! I've already got my polishes and I can't wait to share them with you!

I actually got three and my mom got three so there will be another post coming soon of the other three :) But for now I picked Kimber, Zuza, and FeiFei. Are you guys ready to see some pretties?!


Kimber is a bright bold hot pink jelly base with a crazy gold shimmer from Zoya's Surf Collection. It dries with a foil-like finish. Obviously this is one of my favorites because it's pink! :) And when I say pink I mean PINK! This is a super stand out color and it was a dream to apply. Coverage is fine with two coats but for my swatches I did three and one coat of top coat.

Zoya Kimber

Zoya Kimber

Zoya Kimber

Zuza is a beautiful teal/turquoise polish with a lovely gold and silver shimmer also from Zoya's Surf Collection. Like Kimber, Zuza dried with a foil-like finish. When I was looking at swatches of Zoya's to decide on the ones I wanted I think I literally drooled all over my keyboard when I saw this one! LOL and it totally lived up to the swatches I saw. It's so bright and bold! Though I didn't wear this one long because I was swatching, I have read other reviews that this one stains like crazy so double up on your base coat ;) Application was the same as Kimber and the pictures below are three coats plus top coat though you could get away with just two. 


Zoya Zuza

Zoya Zuza

Zoya Zuza
Fei Fei is really quite a complex color. It's described as a medium steel blue base with heavy gold, blue and pink iridescent metallic sparkle from Zoya's NYFW 2012 Diva Collection. But the thing is, it's so much more than that! The first thing I noticed was a strong copper sparkle which is super unique to me at least. I noticed it mostly when I was doing a gradient using FeiFei. Also there's a very slight green tinge to the polish as well. My only problem is that it's much thinner then any other Zoya I've dealt with... which isn't a lot ;) LOL But it can be built up to full opacity with three coats you just have to watch out for a little bit of cuticle flooding. Pictured below is three coats of FeiFei and one coat of top coat. 


Zoya FeiFei

Zoya FeiFei

Zoya FeiFei
I'm super happy with my picks but I suspect any one I picked from Zoya would be fantastic ;) Don't forget I have three more coming up some time very soon on the blog! 

If you want to order any of these or any others make sure you check out Zoya's site at www.zoya.com

So what do you guys think? Did you buy any Zoya's with the promo?

Thanks for reading :) 

15 comments:

  1. Love those colours!! nice score!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Zuza and FeiFei on their way to me, as well as 4 others....can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo!!! What other colors did you get? :)

      Delete
  3. Kimber and Zuza are two of my faves, and FeiFei is on her way to me now! Love Zoya!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really loving them! And good choice! ;) Me too!!! :D

      Delete
  4. Faint with Envy! I'm happy for you, really. My Zoyas aren't here yet.

    Your nails do look FAB, dahling! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady!!! Which ones did you buy? And you are TOO sweet!! <3

      Delete
    2. Storm, Raven & Freja. I was in a black mood! Nah! More sweet tart. lol

      Delete
    3. LOL well I can't wait to see them on your lovely nails!! :)

      Delete
  5. Those three are among my favorite Zoyas, although I think I say that about all of them lol. :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I say that about them all too I've yet to find one I didn't think was amazing! :D

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Woohoo!! I guess I picked some good ones LOL :D

      Delete
  7. I love Kimber! && Zuza! I ordered Aurora, Blaze & Storm! Storm is holding up the order though. I can't wait till they come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got those three for xmas and they are totally worth the wait!! They are beautiful colors good picks!! :)

      Delete