Thursday, January 3, 2013

Simple striping

Hi guys!

So the mani I'm showing you today wasn't planned. It's actually part of another mani that I will be showing you in the near future. It's no secret that I love striping tape.... well I hate using it but love the effect at least ;) LOL After I had put one piece on each nail I fell in love! I almost didn't even finish the mani that I had planned to do! But alas I persevered. Not before I snapped a couple pics tho :) 


Colors used:
- Sinful Colors Black on Black










I love how simple yet striking this mani is. The blue tape really pops against the black. I think I'm going to have to try different colored tape and do this one again lol! The only problem I have with keeping striping tape on my nails is the corners never want to stay down! That's why generally when I use striping tape I paint over it and peel it off. Any one have any tip on how to make the tape stay down?

What do you guys think?

Thanks for reading! :) 

7 comments:

  1. Love this!! You know I loves me some striping tape too!! Can't wait to see the final results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might be simple - but it's darn cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes simple is the way to go! And thanks so much!! :)

      Delete
  3. I was just saying the other day how I get distracted trying to think of "art" and miss out on how stunning simple really can be. These are so striking and part of it is because they are so clean. Awesome look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes simple gives the greatest effect. But I do love me some real artsy nails tho ;) LOL Thanks so much!! :)

      Delete