Monday, January 28, 2013

Faded dotted gradient

Good morning!

Ugh it's Monday isn't it -_- Welp might as well just jump right in right? Work is being kind of bleh for me lately but hopefully this funk will end soon ;) 

Anyways I took to Twitter last night for some more nailspiration and the lovely Inky from Inky Whiskers Musings let me know that my blog has been seriously lacking in the dotticure area ;) LOL And I couldn't agree more! I actually did two dotticure designs last night and this one just happened to be one of them! I've been wanting to try a faded dotted gradient thingy for a while and definitely digging the results... take a look! :) 


Colors used:
- Maybelline Color Show Green With Envy
- Black Acrylic Paint










I just think this is so cool! I was afraid while I was doing it because I didn't think it would actually look like a gradient but I think it actually does.. Score for having something actually turn out like it looked in my head! LOL

The look was really easy to create. I just painted my nails with my base color, then I used a large and medium dotting tool for the bigger dots and a toothpick for the smaller dots at the top. All I did was place the dots at random getting smaller as I got closer to my cuticle. See easy peasy! :) 

Oh and if you haven't visited Miss Inky's page then you totally have to! She is SO sweet and her nails are always fab! So go show her some love!! :) 

So what do you guys think?

Thanks for reading :)  

30 comments:

  1. I love the combination of the lighter green with the bold, black dots--this looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH so cool this is, I love the striking combination and the looooovely mint color!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to be drawn to mint colors lately... I'm glad it worked out here lol! Thanks so much!! :)

      Delete
  3. Impressive mani. I love how the dots get tinier and more sparse towards cuticle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks adorable. Will have to recreate soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to! lol! I know it will look beautiful! And thanks so much!! :)

      Delete
  5. I have to agree - this is AWESOME! I am totally going to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeep thanks so much!!!! I can't wait to see your recreation!!! :D

      Delete
  6. Ok blushing here...Thanks for da shout out, Miss K! <3 Your nails look fab dahling, but they always do cuz you're just that awesome! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Any time Inky lady!!! And you are seriously too nice!!! Thanks so much dahhhling <33

      Delete
  7. Cute! I'll have to give this a try. I need a mint green now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazaballs!! Great faded dotticure!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks awesome! It definitely looks like a gradient and I love the mint :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! I'm glad it all came together I was getting a little worried while I was painting them LOL :)

      Delete
  10. Those are cute! I just got dotting tools and will have to try something like this out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh love dotting tools!! I can't wait to see!!! :D

      Delete
  11. great color combo, love the effect :D

    ReplyDelete