Monday, November 5, 2012

The Lazy 15: Gradient

Good morning all my lovely readers :)

Today is the second installment of The Lazy 15 and it's my favorite: gradients! It's no secret that I'm obsessed with gradients. You can get such a beautiful mani that looks difficult to do but it really isn't. But what might be surprising is that I didn't really like the way this gradient came out :( In person though, I did like it but when I photographed it you can't even really tell its a gradient :( I tried to do a gradient french and because the colors were so close together my camera had a hard time distinguishing them. *sigh* I tried to edit it so that you guys can see how pretty it really was but you've gotta look kind of hard so I'm sorry :( But take a look anyways!! :)



Colors used:
- Finger Paints Paper Mache
- Sally Hansen Nearly Nude Naturel Pink










It really was pretty I wish you guys could see it better :( Oh well it is what it is ;) There will be more gradients on here soon enough to make up for this one!! 

What do you guys think??

Thanks for reading and make sure you check out all of the lovelies below!! :)



21 comments:

  1. I think this is a great twist on the classic French manicure! Looks lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :) That's definitley the look I was going for :)

      Delete
  2. So gorgeous and very subtle lovely!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :) I wish it was just a littleeee bit less subtle in the pics but oh well! :)

      Delete
  3. I actually really like that it's not too noticeable! It's very elegant and chic but a little bit different at the same time x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Thank you! :) I really loved wearing this mani I almost didn't want to take it off LOL

      Delete
  4. The first gradient I did was hard to see too! This is very soft and pretty though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! :) I like the fact that it's subtle but not THIS subtle lol!

      Delete
  5. Your gradients are so smooth!

    How do you do it? Mine never have such a nice transition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually Kayla over at Nails by Kayla Shevonne posted a really great tutorial not too long ago that I use. She paints her base color and then paints both colors she's using for the gradient on the sponge. I generally go over each nail 4 to 6 times to make sure there's good coverage. Ever since I started doing what she does my gradients have gotten SO much smoother :)

      Delete
    2. Awesome!

      I'll take a look. Thank you.

      Delete
  6. Ooooo so pretty and subtle - very classy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This mani is subtle but gorgeous!!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm obsessed with gradients too! And this one is great, love the clean feel to it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh me too! I haven't done nearly enough on here but this one was one of my faves! Thank you so much!! :)

      Delete